Friday, February 01, 2008

There's just one simple fact — you are wrong.

Wow, look at the time. Where does the year go?

So far this year I have become a registered Citizen of the Union (Yooropeen Onion), had a go at fashion photography, interviewed Henry Rollins, started and left a soul-crushing job in market research, blurbed some blurb about Radiohead for a new magazine, pestered the editor of Amsterdam Weekly, applied to become all kinds of different people and indulged in various other activities but all the while I have made no money.

Hmmm…

I don't think I've quite figured out this whole work=money=joy thing. Actually, I don't believe that equation is accurate at all. I've discovered that it looks more like Work=misery=money=temporary joy=lack of money=work… and on and on and on and on and on and on until you die.

But the problem is, this whole money thing is a bit confusing to me.

Right, so the notes and coins I have in my pocket have been attributed an arbitrary value, which fluctuates depending on the whims of people I don't know and will never meet. It apparently has value based on reserves of gold, although this is more hearsay than anything and doesn't make much sense anyway. After all, gold is just a metal which has been attributed an arbitrary value, which fluctuates depending on the whims of people I don't know and will never meet.

So, you see, right there is my problem.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

2:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home