Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cosmic Rays Of Death!



I've been listening to these guys for a few months now, on and orf, although I've only just discovered their MySpace page n'shit. Goes to show, the Internet has Changed Everything. Their EP, ...Of Doom!, is quite mahvellous, as you might be able to tell from the above taster video yoke ^^^

It's been a fun-filled while since I last blogged a blog up here (when the fuck was that? Meh... Who cares?), with family visits and meetings and explosions and the reintroduction of smallpox into the local canine population. I kid you a bit.

So, Maebh and Jay were here (for some reason I always want to write it 'Maebh&J', but this sort of robs Jay of his humanity, reducing him to a letter and an ampersand... Like he gives a fuck, eh? It's not like getting a wedding invite that has your name misspelled on it - twice - or anything...). They were here for a whole four days or so, during which time I had articles to write, meetings to attend and other such stuff which meant Liz ended up doing more entertaining than she should've. So, that was a shame, but there's not a heapin' whole lotta stuff I can about it now!

Speaking of things I can't do a whole lot about right now, my lovely, pretty, sexy, sleek & slinky MacBook has finally bitten the dust, cashed its chips, met its maker and royally fucked me up, since now I don't have a computer. Something of a drawback for a freelance journo... I'm using Liz's now, but how long can I do that? Probably another couple of hours, until she gets home.

If anyone can think of a cheap way for me to replace my sexy MacBook (that doesn't involve PCs) I would be greatly cheerfullated. I've already replaced the hard drive once, after it hara kiri'd days after the warranty ran out, and this one lasted, ahem, just long enough for the warranty on the new HD to run out. Am I forever doomed to be outside of the warranty zone? Someday I'd like it if I could return something to the shop and get it fixed for nothin', but alas...

I just finished reading Darkly Dreaming Dexter, by Jeff Lindsay. Yes, the Dexter of TV series fame. It's very good, worth reading, very funny. One thing I found weird was that because the book is the first in the series, and it's not terribly long, the show actually has more depth to it. I mean insofaras there are more characters, etc, more plotlines, all that jazz. Interesting.

Eh... Yeah, so, Cosmic Rays Of Death, fuckin' great - check 'em out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home