Thursday, January 27, 2005

OK (deep breath)...

I was trying to think of something hugely interesting to put in this today seeing as how I've been neglecting it for the last couple of days. Here goes:

I got my print project in on Monday and it was shite, I went for drinks and everyone went home early and it was shite and that's really all I can think of. Rented out the Indiana Jones Trilogy and have been watching that. It's all good stuff, even the Temple of Doom. That runaway mine-cart thing more than makes up for the rubbishness and, well, outright convenience of the story.

I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in ages yesterday and watching the credits I noticed Alfred Molina's name, fairly high up. I couldn't remember him, but there he was, getting killed in the first five minutes in a rather nasty special effects extravaganza (Phew! Tough word to type!) after screwing Indy over a tiny golden idol... I think he should write an autobiography entitled, "I Screwed Harrison Ford", or "Heroes I have Fucked", or "Any Number of Other Shite Titles".com

Cos he's been bad in a few other movies too y'see...

Aaaaaaaaaaand, I'm all alone in the newsroom now. Everyone has abandoned me to my ham and cheese roll. I think I run the risk of turning into one, at least, if I'm to take Flann O'Brien's theory to another level. He speculated, in The Third Policeman, that a person in contact with a thing for a long period of time would, in effect, become more like the thing. This was due to the movement of electrons. Everyone knows (at least the everyones with leaving cert chemistry or equivalent) that there are a certain number of free electrons whizzing around our outer limits. These electrons are quite easily interchangeable with similar electrons from other things' extremities. The atoms don't care so long as the balance is kept. And so, a man who spends a long time on the couch is gradually becoming more and more couch, while the couch is likewise becoming more and more man. Or woman, although in their case it probably applies more to GHDs or hairdryers or shoe-shops.

So, because I've taken to eating a lot of ham and cheese rolls, I think I may be becoming more and more a delicious snack/meal of dairy produce coated in bread. They laughed at Galileo too you know. And he was not, as far as I am aware, part sandwich, I should be able to get off fairly lightly because you see I... I... I'm sorry, I've quite forgotten what I was going on about. Um... Yes, time for coffee. Milk, no sugar and a cup. Yes, thank you...

Bye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home