Monday, July 31, 2006

Hoorah!

Hi there you...

I just came across something on the net which amused me no end, and which I was in total agreement with.

THIS is what I'm talking about.

Yes, it was while I was looking up the 101 Black Metal Rules, but don't judge me! I likes my black metal.

In fact, just the other day I got an album by a band called Bal-Sagoth, which has one of those little blurby stickers on it. The stickers said, "Like Cradle of Filth meets Star Wars," which I think is a recommendation. Anyway, it's all black metally stuff, with this bizarre Lovecraftian theme going through it. It's like a more serious version of A Shoggoth On The Roof, or at least a noisier one.

There was a very odd moment there where iTunes picked out something ambient, possibly a snippet of Isis or something, and then it faded into Rock Bottom, by Kiss. Only, the funny thing was that it's off Alive!, which means it's just at the start of the encore, so it fades in with lots of weirded-up crowd noises. Sometimes iTunes is a lousy DJ, mostly in fact, but sometimes it's perversely brilliant...

Er, um and also... Bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home