Monday, May 30, 2005

Strange Days Have Found Us...

Funny that O2 should have chosen as their new slogan, "Be tempted by the Dark Side."

Does this mean O2 is the Dark Side? Are they finally accepting their evil nature? Or have their advertising people just missed the whole point?

It makes you wonder... Well, me wonder at least...

In local news I have been wasting my time on various amounts of rubbish over the last while. I have drunk some beer, read some books, dug some holes and watched a helluva lot of Star Trek (the Original Series, none of your Captain Janeway or Jean-Luc Picard crap, thank-you very much! Captain Kirk all the way, baby! Sorry.)

I don't feel too bad on it either.

Funnily enough I find that since I have now finished with college for good and for all and no longer have to study, or pretend to study, lengthy boring things about stuff I don't even agree with I've kind of succumbed to my baser instincts. I'm getting in touch with my inner nerd and it's a little worrying.

I watched Rambo 3 the other night - it was a hoot! There's John Rambo, Amerika's finest, sent into Afghanistan to... To... To what?! Help the Mujahadin! Yes, there was his old boss and buddy captured by the evil Ruskies while trying to sell weapons to those nice Ay-rabs and Rambo had to rush in, kill every fucker in sight and save the day for God and Country and The Amerikan Way. Something tells me that film doesn't get much play in the States anymore.

I think it's my understanding of revisionist history, such as it is.

The hunt for a job is still on, although it's trundling rather than rocketing along. While I'm digging holes in Mayo I don't really have the will to go job-hunting, nor do I have the opportunity so much. It's a bugger.

There'll probably be more later, but for now I'm going to play with CVs. Hooray for me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bull-poopy. Jean-Luc Picard is the pinnacle of humanity, the man whom all men should aspire to be. Kirk is reckless and stupid. Picard is dignified, thoughtful, prudent, educated, and commanding. And probably loads more adjectives I haven't thought of.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Stephen McMullin said...

Nonsense!

And as soon as I have the power I will change my poll to be some sort of Star Trek favourite thingy.

Alas, this piece of shit will barely let me put capital letters in. Fucking piece of shit.

11:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home