Tuesday, May 10, 2005

ULLAH!

Today has been a particularly slow day. I've been realising just how adolescent I am. Started the day listening to War of he Worlds, moved on to Wednesday 13 and Green Jelly and then found THIS, which is incredibly childish but also fiendishly addictive. Mind you, I did have it finished within ten minutes, so I don't think it counts as a proper addiction.

Don't judge me, I'm easily amused.

I have to figure out what I'm going to do with The Rest Of My Life in a very short space of time. My exams are done tomorrow week and then, well, I suppose I'm a journalist. Albeit one with a particularly shoddy degree.

Unfortunately I can't, well, won't, get paid for doing this. Which is a shame, because it's great fun to write. Don't know how you lot feel, but I enjoy it anyway. And that is The Important Thing.

Apparently universities in England are encouraging students to keep blogs because it's a good way for them to keep in touch with family and friends back home. I wonder what'll happen to this when I no longer have the luxury of free internet access and infinite time to sqaunder it...

I guess I'll just have to get on with the Great Irish Novel that's been sitting on scraps of paper in the back of my mind for years. Do you think Joyce would've written about zombies if he were alive?

Probably, but nobody would've known they were zombies...

Anyway, this is all fascinating, but I'm keeping you from playing that silly game and I don't want to do THAT, do I?

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Brown said...

Hi Stephen,
Good luck with your exams. I'm afraid you aren't a journalist until you get something published - although the blog could count!
Don't worry about what kind of degree you have. It's all about looks, posturing and nepotism.
A

4:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home