Thursday, May 05, 2005

Accused of a crime they didn't commit...

If only I could be committed, my life'd be so much easier. Breakfast, lunch and dinner laid on by friendly people in white coats who only occasionally strap me to tables to administer EST, sometimes truss me up in a nice jacket with the buttons on the back and very rarely dose me with heavy sedatives...

Ah... It sounds like The Life.

Mind you, that's what McMurphy thought and look what happened to him! *cough* There's your high-brow reference for the day. I was talking about the book, by Ken Kesey, not the film with Jack Nicholson in. Although it's a very good film.

Can't beat a good book though. Well, you can, but it won't feel anything because it's a BOOK!

Just spoke with a man named Cyril, I've never done that before. Not many Cyrils about. I used to have a puppet squirrel which was named, yup, Cyril, in a fit of bardic whimsy. So to speak.

This one is not squirrel, he is a person. And he may give me a job, provided he doesn't find this blog and realise that I'm barking mad, full of shite and really really really... Um...

Yeah, so, Thursdays. Aren't they weird?

I never could get the hang of Thursdays, as Arthur Dent famously said. How true.

Agragash is the name of the bowl of petunias, as far as I recall. I could be wrong, but you have no idea what I'm talking about so it's Moot Points all round. No lemonade for you!

------------------------

By the way, I got 75 hits yesterday. That's a lot more than usual... I think this Irish Blogs thing might be working. Perhaps I should start signing up for more such things... Perhaps...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cream are reuniting. You heard it here first, (maybe).

6:05 pm  
Blogger Stephen McMullin said...

I read about it a month or so ago in that issue of Uncut that had The Band on the cover. Some newsman you turned out to be!

It'll be a strange reunion, especially since they all hate each other. (Hence the destruction of Cream in the first place.)

6:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agrajag is the bowl's name. He features in the tertiary phase of the radio show (Fit the Sixteenth, I think).

As for the extra hits, I can tell you I found you through Irish Blogs or Planet of the Blogs, I don't remember which. You should make sure you're not counting the Irish Blogs spider, which sets the HTTP referrer header to make it look like human traffic. If that's being counted you should subtract 48 hits a day (two per hour).

I emailed them abou their shady referrer spamming but have had no acknowledgement yet.

1:39 am  
Blogger Stephen McMullin said...

Hmmm... not sure about the shady spider spammer, mind you, it makes things look good for my advertisers (Whiskas being my main one these days...).

Agrajag, of course! It's been a whole year since I last read the Guide so you'll forgive certain slips of the memory.

Willomie

2:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home