Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Haunt me like you used to!

*sigh* Yes Leslie, it seems like it's just you and me...

But still, yer bumpin up my hit counter - don't forget to click on the ads!

It's really too early in the day to be doing this, since nothing's happened yet. I'm thinking about starting on the wine, seeing as I have even more free time than I did before...

Watched Anchorman earlier (yes, I know! Earlier! What is the world coming to? It's all Sarah's fault. She thinks mornings are for getting up in. HA! Silly...) and it is RUBBISH. I was hoping it'd at least be amusing brainlessness, but it's not funny enough. One or two moments made me snigger, but there's really nothing worth writing home about. So I won't (sorry ma!).

Also watched Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Now, I love the books and I'm eagerly awaiting the newy, but the first two films made me ashamed of cinema. They were pretty poor. Amazing sset design and all the rest, but Chris Columbus couldn't make a film any more than his namesake could bed Queen Isabella. Alfonso CuarĂ³n, on the other hand, is a master... Y Tu Mama Tambien was a brilliant movie and so is this recent H.P. film.

Amazingly shot, funny, well-acted, well-directed... Just brilliant. Goes to show what a big difference the director makes to how a film turns out. I'm hoping beyond hope that Tim Burton gets a crack at one of them. That would be spectacular...

Aside from that, nothing...

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure Tim Burton has any creative spunk left in him. He needs to step away from 're-imagining' (read as Buggering up) classics and make a truely weird film again. After watching Planet of the CGI Apes it was hard to believe that this guy created Beetlejuice and Eddie Sckizzor Fingers.

4:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'tis very creepy the way harry potter ads have appeared at the top of this, the big brother of blogging is a commercial bastard

4:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home