Monday, April 18, 2005

This just in...

Hurrah! College is all but done. Four exams stand between me and freedom from this craphole of a dump where I have wasted several years of my precious life.

Today I sat in a room and blabbered in French at an unfortunate woman named GrĂ¡inne (Graw-nyah). Actually I don't have much sympathy for her. She's made her bed and can damn well lie in it!

S'not fair, really, but then again I hate doing oral exams. Not that they're hard, it's just the psyching up for them that gets me. Once I sit down and start talking the rubbish starts to flow... I spent ten minutes bending her ear about puppets. Sho' nuff!

In other news, I've just finished the last essay I'll ever have to do EVER! It was a truly terrible piece of tripe. I'm rather ashamed of it. You get used to that when you're doing a course with no real point full of subjects you just don't care about.

I would like to take this opportunity to bring the word 'Optimific' to everyone's attention. If you don't believe in it, you should talk to this guy. He evidently thinks it's a real word. It isn't. See here for my previous rant about this kind of intellectual jargon. I really, really, really hate it...

And I feel somewhat vindicated now because neither the Oxford English Dictionary nor Wikipedia have ever heard of something being 'optimific'. Stupid, stupid bastard-bastards! The sociologists, not the Richard Snaries.

There's something of weight off my shoulders now and I'm going to spend more time doing nothing, blogging and playing geetaw - only without the mild twinges of guilt I've been feeling since Xmas.

Funnily enough, when you type Xmas into your phone, using T9 predictive text, you get wobs. I also love 'imho', which comes up when you write 'goin'. I don't know why this is the first thing the phone thinks of. I honestly can't think of a single word that begins 'imho'. Well, except the ancient Egyptian Pharoah, Imhotep. But I don't think that's what it's thinking of ... No. when you try typing Imhotep you get 'Imhoues', which I don't think makes any sense.

If anyone can shine a light on these mysterious snippets of nonsense I would be very happy to hear about it.

Yo, Splunga!
See ya when later's now...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Imhotep a real person or just a character from The Mummy?

5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm clearly the only person who reads this thing as often as you do, worrying... Anyway check this out - the pics are all stock photos used on the bbc website and they just change the caption, not a lot there but some very funny ones: www.headlesszombiebunny.blogspot.com

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

imho stands for 'in my humble opinion'. Plebs!

5:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home