Friday, May 06, 2005

God Bless you, Mr. Vonnegut

If anyone reading this hasn't read anything by Kurt Vonnegut, THIS is your chance. The man is a visionary genius and I love him so...

If you liked that, check out Slaughterhouse 5, which is his WW2 novel and also one of the finest pieces of literature ever created.

Dracula - I mean - Michael Howard has stepped, or at least said he'll step, down as leader of the Tories because they lost. Again. As we all knew they would.

Labour won, but everyone's acting as if they lost. Which is an odd situation for Tony I'm sure.

So far in the Black North Gerry is the only person who's been elected, with a whopping 70% of the vote. He's a popular guy. I'm listening to the election online through my minidisc player, which seems like a strange thing to do.

If you didn't read the comment from Rory (who has a blog at SolyentRed.net) then you won't be aware of his bubble-bursting explanation of the increase in my hit rates. Apparently the Irish Blogs virtual person who checks for new material twice an hour comes up as a real person on the hit-counter. That's a bugger.

Still, helped me limp over the 1000 mark and, as Rory himself has proven, Irish Blogs does indeed bring more people to the site.

FAME AWAITS!

Oh, how pathetic...

Oh, I almost forgot, I signed up for Planet of the Blogs as well. It describes itself as an Irish blogs aggregator. I love this linking business... Definitions at the flick of a mouse. Squeak.

This is good too, How Lightsabers Work... I wonder could I build one?

...And an hour and a half after Gerry's result was announced he is still the only elected representative in the North of Ireland. Is that Gerrymandering? No.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might be pleased to know that I hadn't noticed your hit counter; I thought you were looking at server logs or some such. IrishBlogs will not have falsely contributed to that hit counter.

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home