Friday, May 30, 2008

DRUGS!

Just a quick thought, spawned by THIS ARTICLE.

Specifically this: President Gerald Ford put an end to all public cannabis research and granted exclusive research rights to major pharmaceutical companies, who set out -- unsuccessfully -- to develop synthetic forms of THC that would deliver all the medical benefits without the "high."

The thing I don't understand about the need to remove the "high" is this: A marijuana high is a nice thing, a pleasant side-effect of a beneficial drug, yet they wish to remove it. However, on the market today are any number of drugs with side effects ranging from anxiety to hair loss to erectile dysfunction… But that's OK? Here's a little thing which might illustrate my point.

Does that not strike anyone as a bit, er, fucked up?

I love the fact that anti-depressants, that is drugs designed to make you less depressed, cause major sexual problems. Don't believe me? Here, look at THIS.

I don't know about anyone else, but having my sex drive destroyed would be more likely to INCREASE my depression, not decrease it. But then, I suppose actually easing depression isn't the point: increasing repression and social obedience is. Sex is bad, so is euphoria, and to suggest otherwise makes you a pinko, a pervert, an addict, a paedophile, a terrorist and fuck knows what else…

But back to my point, why have we put our trust in those who tell us that a "high" is an undesirable side-effect, while a limp dick is a good one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home